10/30/11

Rocky Horror Skatepark


Above: Brendan front rocks in an authentic Nathan Bartlett lumberjack costume, real axe and all.
The Edmonton Skateboard Association held a Halloween skate jam at Kaskitayo on Saturday, including a best trick contest, a game of skate, and pumpkin jumping.

Above: Jamie won the pumpkin long jump contest.

Above: I'm not sure what the winning tally was, but here Jamie jumps a bunch of pumpkins, as well as Timmy and Bubba.It took me awhile to figure out who Jamie was dressed up as. For the longest time I though he was just some sort of construction worker. Then he put the hockey mask on and became a perfect Jason Voorhees.

Above: The name of the game.

Above: Minor took 2nd in the pumpkin long jump.

Above: Mitch with the "Dead Eyes".

Above: Super Gonzo scarewalk. By far my favorite costume.

Above: Mr. Monopoly and The Hamburglar talk SKATE strategy.

Above: Hamburglar front blunt to best costume award.

Above: Penguin Kyle blunt slides.

Above: The peanut gallery.

Above: Where's Joe, switch flip. Joe won the Game of Skate with tricks that I'm not sure even have names yet.

Above: Joe is in four of the photos in this post. Can you spot Joe?

Above: This kid was so stoked when Timmy said he could have one of the pumpkins from the long jump contest. He grabbed one and immediately started shouting, "This is my huge pumpkin!"
A huge thank-you to Brendan for basically organizing the event single-handedly.
This.
Stranger.
This for sure.
I skated a lot and had a lot of fun today. It put me in mind of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment